for more healthy eating and better relationships


Thursday, December 30, 2010

Healthy Restaurant Review: Café Nordstrom

I am always looking for healthy eating options, and here is one place that does not disappoint.  Another added benefit is that you don’t have to leave much tip.  This place is a little more casual than a sit down restaurant because you order at the registers and then find a place to sit, but the food quality and the atmosphere are top notch given the prices.  Nordstrom is also available in most major cities, and their café is a great choice when you are by the mall shopping (or really you shouldn't be), grabbing lunch during work, or looking for a low to mid priced dinner (even when you are in an unfamiliar city).

What I dig about Café Nordstrom (or at least one dish I dig and order often).

Herb Roast Salmon.

Ingredients include herb and dijon roasted salmon, red bliss potatoes, rustic vegetables (seasonal but usually includes carrots, fennel, zucchini, yellow squash or some similar mix). 

Why I like it?
This colorful plate is a beauty.  The salmon is nicely seasoned, and the vegetables really make this a stand out dish from other options.  Rarely do you get a plate of vegetables at a restaurant that are simply prepared and pretty healthy --  I would say these veggies are probably grilled or broiled, drizzled with oil.  The salmon is simply prepared as well, and is nicely complemented by the vegetables.  In my opinion, I would say this dish is pretty healthy.  And, it is one of my regular options when dining out.
 

No comments: