for more healthy eating and better relationships


Friday, September 9, 2011

Pizza Dough Recipe


I have been making quite a few vegetable pesto pizzas lately with our abundant organic vegetable harvest coming out of our garden.  The vegetables burst with flavor, and the homemade pesto complements nicely.  If you follow my blog, I tend to limit my refined flour intake; however, every once in awhile, particularly with our vegetable yield, this pizza is a delicious meal to enjoy and savor.

My pizza in the picture is a bit messed up because I started cutting before realizing that I wanted to take a photo!  Alas, it is what it is, I guess I will just have to make more pizzas to get a better photo.

Some people have asked about my pizza dough recipe, and unfortunately, I don't really have a recipe for this!  But, this one below by Jamie Oliver is pretty close. 


Jamie Oliver's Pizza Dough

  • 7 cups strong white bread flour or Tipo "00" flour or 5 cups strong white bread flour or Tipo "00" flour, plus 2 cups finely ground semolina flour
  • 1 level tablespoon fine sea salt
  • 2 (1/4-ounce) packets active dried yeast
  • 1 tablespoon raw sugar
  • 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
The directions can be found on the foodnetwork website: Jamie Oliver's Pizza Dough

I would do a third of this recipe if making one pizza.  I explore with my recipes, so just use it as a starting point.  You never know what you might discover!

One of my past posts on refined flour: Two Culprits to Low Energy and Burgeoning Waists

No comments: