for more healthy eating and better relationships


Monday, January 6, 2014

Scary Toothpaste

I have been doing some way overdue cleaning.  Feels great to get rid of so much stuff and really start to organize my surroundings, room, space, office in a new and more productive way.

I used to travel quite a bit for work and pleasure many years ago, and not sure if you do this, but when I travel, I like to collect toiletries, shampoos, toothbrush kits for those just in case times.  These toothbrush kits are great when you find yourself on a majorly delayed flight, lost luggage or get stranded at an airport.

I found one toothbrush kit that has been sitting around for probably 7 years.  And, I found many of these - probably 3-4 kits from various different airlines.  Since I am more and more into healthy and natural, I read the ingredient labels of those who had them, and their ingredients were about the same.  I couldn't believe what I saw - major white rock-like corrosion around the toothpaste tubes.  You can't see it too well in this picture, but literally it looks like a rock formation out of the cap of the tube.  It looks like it had an implosion and the toothpaste was foaming out at one point, and now it has hardened into a rock formation.

The ingredients are chemicals as you can see from the label, and the more I think about this - these chemicals from this toothpaste are not stable over long periods of time, they start to react and cause what looks like corrosion.

Is this what we use to put in our mouths and in our bodies to brush our teeth??  I think it's time to re-evaluate what is in the bathroom!


No comments: