for more healthy eating and better relationships


Friday, January 10, 2014

Dangerous Baby Shampoo

My parents immigrated to the US many years ago, and from the beginning my mom has been leery of artificial colorings, going to McDonald's, yellow colored Kraft Mac & Cheese, fruit punch made with food dyes.  She was even against usual personal care products that most Americans accepted and used on a daily basis (I remember trying to convince her how great Herbal Essences by P&G was).  Her shampoo choice was: Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo and she has been using it for decades now.  In my mind, I just accepted how safe it was since it is made for babies. I mean, wouldn't you assume that what people sell specifically for babies should be safe?!

One would have thought.

It took me so long until now to look at this shampoo label, because in my mind this product is safe and has been accepted as safe for so long.  Now looking at the label, it is the farthest from natural. It is made from chemicals, one after another, except for Water.


NOT NATURAL.



No comments: