for more healthy eating and better relationships


Friday, October 7, 2011

Macaroons vs. the Mini Watermelon



Today is Random Picture Day at FindingFoodorLove.  It's a battle between partially eaten macaroons from my absolute favorite French bakery, Vanille in Chicago (my taste of Paris), and our organic, miniature watermelon from the garden.  No philosophical insight here, just total randomness.  I think the watermelon looks like it has some inherent advantage, don't you think?  Interesting that the colors of my macaroons (red velvet, passion fruit with a hint of coconut, and pistachio *so tantalizing*) are the same colors as my watermelon!  Guess I was thinking 'watermelon' when I was buying the macaroons or more probably, I subconsciously like this color combination.

The watermelon, by the way, was so incredibly awesome.  It was juicy, crisp, sweet, and personal (I consumed 1/2 of the entire thing since it was so small).  I have to admit, the thirst quenching watermelon got me eating it more and more, but left my macaroons half eaten.

No comments: