for more healthy eating and better relationships


Thursday, May 19, 2011

More Shanghai Food - Last One!

More food adventures in China: The Inventive Shanghai Soup Dumpling

Unfortunately I did not write down the name of this restaurant, which was located in the outskirts of Shanghai but wanted to feature a few photos.  It was a local restaurant in a middle class neighborhood.

I really liked this vegetable dish - really great for vegetarians!  I plan to make it sometime because it was so simply prepared but so good in flavor and healthy.


The dish contains some type of Chinese vegetable, but like spinach (I plan to substitute with spinach since that is easily available to me in the US).  There are scrambled eggs and a sea mushroom, well in Chinese, it is called moo-er.  It comes dried in Chinese grocery stores and one thing to note that eating a lot of this thins blood.  So, certain people actually need to make sure they don't consume too much dependent on their blood situation.  We ended up ordering this twice because it was so good - when we returned to the restaurant.

 

This dish was a favorite of mine.  It had squid, green beans, potatoes, and an interesting garlic stalk.  The garlic stalk was crispy and mild in flavor.  I hope to grow these because I have never seen them in the grocery store! (I heard you just bury the garlic head, will need to verify)


And, lastly, a fried fish and potatoes dish.  Not healthy, but it looks nice, so thought I would add it.

No comments: