for more healthy eating and better relationships


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To find or not to find

To find or not to find, that is the question.

I am in search of life, and have decided to blog about it. I am a well-rounded person with ambitions, that is, the ambition to find my gig. From my introspection time over the last few weeks, I think I have found it in food. We all have ambition of some sort, but the question is, should I go on that search to really find it? Or, is what I have today good enough.

Since my passion is about food - I plan to share what I am encountering, learning and feeling.

My latest is buying food at the grocery store that I have never purchased before. I bought leeks for the first time. I made a quiche with those leeks for the first time. I have never eaten a low fat quiche before, and that is what I made for the first time. No cream, with milk, add an extra egg. Pinch of nutmeg gives it some flavor. And, I just realized that Julia Child does taste test uncooked eggs. I spit it out after I realized that my quiche batter had uncooked egg yoke. However, I guess it is not that unusual, as one recipe for a chocolate cake used egg yokes for the filling.

That chocolate cake will be my discussion point on a future blog, because I have been looking at the recipe for SO LONG (Martha Stewart's Everyday Food), I will be making it for the Christmas Holiday.

No comments: